[Solved] Nuxt App – Failed to download template from registry: fetch failed
If you are unable to create nuxt app, getting Failed to download template from registry: fetch failed.
If the system is unable to connect to “raw.githubusercontent.com“, you can check the connection by using the command “ping raw.githubusercontent.com” in the command prompt. If you are receiving all packets correctly, the connection is fine. If you are getting request timeouts, you may need to make changes to your system’s hosts file.
Follow this below steps to update hosts file:-
- Open the Start menu and search for “Notepad”
- Right-click on the Notepad app and select “Run as administrator”
- Click “File” and then “Open”
- In the file explorer that appears, navigate to the “C:\Windows\System32\drivers\etc” folder
- Change the file filter from “Text Documents (.txt)” to “All Files (.*)”
- Select the “hosts” file and click “Open”
- Scroll to the bottom of the file and add the following line: “22.214.171.124 raw.githubusercontent.com”
- Save the changes by clicking “File” then “Save”
- Close Notepad
- Restart your PC or clear the DNS cache by running the command “ipconfig /flushdns” in the command prompt
- It’s important to remember to run notepad as administrator to avoid permission issues.
- Make sure you’re adding the correct IP address for “raw.githubusercontent.com”
- It is recommended to take a backup of the original hosts file before making any changes